2017 Geoff Masel Prize
The Geoff Masel Aviation Law Prize will be awarded each year for the best paper submitted by a current undergraduate student or Masters Student on a subject relating to aviation or space law, with consideration given to the level of experience of the entrant.
The paper should preferably be between 3,000 – 5,000words, but not more than 10,000 words. Entrants are required to submit their paper (3 copies) to the ALAANZ Secretariat (email@example.com)no later than 5pm on Friday 16th December 2016. The winner will be announced via email in February/March 2017 and will be invited to attend the Annual Conference of ALAANZ in 2017, where the prize will be presented.
The paper must be accompanied by a declaration that the work is the original work of the author, and if it incorporates any work of any other person, that fact should be recognized and identified in the declaration.
It is a condition of entry that the Aviation Law Association of Australia and New Zealand Limited has the right to publish, if they wish, any of the papers in the Association's journal – Aviation Briefs and/or on the CD-ROM of papers delivered at the ALAANZ 2017 Conference.
The winner will receive the following complimentary:
- ALAANZ Membership from the date of receipt of the entry to 30 June 2017 *
- Full registration at the 2017 Annual Conference (including social events)
- Accommodation (single occupancy, room only) at the Conference venue; and
- Return Economy air fare for one to the Conference venue from or within Australia or New Zealand
Note: International entrants to contact the ALAANZ Secretariat for information on Airfare reimbursement value.
* If the entrant joined the Association for the 2016/2017 financial year before submitting an entry, a complimentary ALAANZ Membership may be offered to the entrant for the 2017/2018 financial year in lieu of a subscription refund for current membership year.
Entries & Enquiries
All entries and enquiries for the 2017 Geoff Masel Prize should be addressed to:
C/- MECCA Concepts Pty Ltd
PO Box 2646
Mount Waverley VIC 3149
Tel: +61 3 95601880
Fax: +61 3 9560 1885